Optus Android MMS No Workie
25th October 2020
I migrated away from an iphone to an Android phone recently and MMS was not working. I was unable to send or receive MMS and it was pretty annoying as I was not getting funny memes from all of my non-existant friends. It looks like this is a pretty common issue going back years and years based on the forum threads that are around. How did I fix it. Read on to find out...
What Didn't Work
There where a number of things that did not work for me, they may work for you though. This is what I tried that failed.
- Turning of imessage on the iphone
- Turning of facetime on the iphone
- Deregistering the iphone from imessage
- Adding another APN profile with the MMS settings
- Resetting the network settings on the android
- Multiple different messaging apps on the android
What Did Work
At this point I was pretty sure it was an issue at the carriers end. I contacted my carrier (Optus) and they reset my MMS settings on their end. Low and behold. Success! I can now send and receive MMS.
In conclusion. If you have this issue don't waste hours on it like I did and ask your carrier fiddle with the MMS settings on their end.